Tuesday, May 28, 2019

San Diego: And So the Adventure Ends

And, Lo! All fun must come to an end. Our Sales Conference started Monday night. And, yet... there's always the day!

Off we went to the glorious San Diego Zoo!


And, WOW! It's cat city in there!

VIRTUAL: It Began with a ROAR! GC7B9EF

Inside, I found not just one...


But TWO Malayan Tigers! Brothers! Gorgeous!


And a whole slew of leopards prowling.


 This lion basked in the attention. Handsome boy!


And they had retired elephants, too. This one loved his toy branch.


I'm so glad we were able to fit a visit at this extraordinary place! If you go, you get a guided tour in a double-decker bus and the unlimited use of kangaroo buses to get you up and down those steep hills in this canyon paradise. 


Time to get to work. Signal decided to hang out in my room until the next adventure, and we had a few more small ones yet to come.



Tuesday morning I was out at 6 am and headed to Seaport Village for my cache-a-day. So quiet walking along the Embarcadero. So much to see besides two enjoyable caches.




Scale Back... GCRDGN

On the Fence at Seaport Village GC6MXME

And I scored a little more free time in the evening.

The Embarcadero outside the Marriott Marquis

My only DNF: The Mermaid GC6567C

Embarcadero Marina Park GC7VW6D

Wednesday was a packed day for presentations so I had to slip out in the early AM for my find. Signal enjoyed the cool breeze and the smell of Jasmine in the air. After this trip, I can add "caching via Lyft" to my list!

VIRTUAL: The Big House GCGMF8


My final day was Thursday. Two hours of presentations and then a mad sprint to the airport (and 12 hours of travel time looming over my head). And, yet, I still needed a cache-a-day AND a puzzle for my grid. 

Now, here's my dilemma. There were puzzles nearby, but the finals could be up to 2 miles away. Joining the San Diego Geocaching group on FB, I posed the question. "I solved several puzzles; are these in neighborhoods safe enough for me to cache at 6am in?" One of the CO's responded, "No, but I have a new one in a very tourist-friendly area." And I solved it! Look what a lovely spot, too!

Spot - The Missing Rub-A-Dub GC85F2N
And, while there, I found a nice spot to photograph my new trackable...

Big Dream Trackable 

And a nifty place a little way further down to drop it in!


Pirate Landing (20 Pieces of Eight) GC1YXRW

Spanish Landing Park West
I'm missing this lovely land. Maybe they'll replenish the caches in the area when I bring TaGeez back with me!


View of the 90 degree bend of the Coronado Bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sign my (b)log!