Monday, September 26, 2022

Midwest GeoBash 2022

 


Speaking of photos left unshared, TaGeez and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves at Midwest GeoBash 2022 - Feather Road!

Earlier in the week we realized we had an extra day off so we booked a second night in our hotel and set off to Bash Thursday morning. Lucky us because the Feather Road Geotour published! We were standing on the doorstep of the Quilt Foundry in Maumee when we realized the closest geotour cache had published 15 miles away. Trying to act all nonchalant, I tried to act indifferent, but TaGeez made a deep sigh and said, "It's just this far away on the map!"

FTF at FRGT - #13 - Pigeon

Do you know how long it takes to drive 15 miles through the small towns of Ohio? FOREVER! But we made it for our first FTF on a geotour! Being a steamy day and some distance between all the other caches, we decided to spend our first day on Bash driving stop to stop to earn our geotour coin and souvenir!




We made it! MWGB22!

Day #2 found us on the Poker Run, where we joyously ran into friends while terrorizing the Fulton County Fairground burbs!




Have you had Outlook Smokehouse in Napoleon? Outlook had a food truck that would stop at Bash every year - we are addicted to their barbeque baked potato. AND THEY OPENED A RESTAURANT! Truly impossible to go home hungry, and we kept running into friends dropping in for the goodness!



Before it got too late we had to head back to the Fairgrounds to turn in our Poker Run cards and our Silent Auction donations. We've enjoyed Bash for over a decade, and I've felt guilty about not donating sooner so this year I made two travel pouches.


Each one contained a 2.5" unactivated geocoin, my personal pathtag, some geoswag and a handmade thank you card. I have to admit I couldn't bare the suspense. What if nobody bid on it? I stayed away during active bidding, but I hung out (embarrassing to admit) when winners picked up their bids. Two ladies told me my bid sheets were full, and one said she had to give up bidding because it got too high!


I have no idea what they went for, but I was so happy to see that my friend, JSTEEL, was one of the winners!



Friday and Saturday afternoons found us caching the fairgrounds and working on a ton of Adventure Labs. 85 AL stops on and around the fairgrounds and even back across the Michigan border.






Never too old for a good Treasure Hunt - we didn't win anything but trackables this year, but it's always one of my favorite events over the weekend.


Have you been to Archbold? We had to stop at Mom's Diner in downtown for lunch and came across this very cool Multicache using this mural. Final adventure while racing through the raindrops is the quilt shop at Sauders Village (our third quilt shop of the weekend).


It was exactly the tonic we needed during a summer of double shifts, house buying, and doctor appointments. It was also great reconnecting with friends - hopefully something we can continue at Haunted Halmich in October!




See you next year at MWGB 2023!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sign my (b)log!