Saturday, September 23, 2017

Don't Go Breaking My App

I haven't posted much lately because adventures have been at a minimum and not much news in the geocaching world.... or so I thought. TaGeez and I attended GSIX's Fall event on Friday, and I received heartbreaking news!

Don't go breaking my heart!


With the advent of the IOS 11 update, Geosphere will no longer function! Apple's release will kill any 32-bit apps loaded on your iPhones. And, unfortunately, Geosphere's developer has been MIA for several years.



First the Geocaching Classic and now Geosphere. How is girl supposed to keep a streak alive? 


Sorry, Geocaching.com, but the current "official app" is a joke. Cachly has accessibility issues for the aging geocaching population, and Looking4Cache is quite the learning curve. And all three are missing several fabulous features near and dear to my heart. Plus, from my understanding, Geocching.com has discontinued allowing new developers access to the live API. 

What is a streaker to do?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sign my (b)log!