Tuesday, May 19, 2020

3,000 Days of Caching Joy


So, what have you done over the last 3,000 days? I went in search of plastic containers! EVERY DAY!

From the Atlantic Ocean to the Mississippi River - Michigan to Georgia. Plus a few choice morsels in California, too. From -26° F to a heat factor of 110°+. Blizzards, business trips, holidays and pandemics. Let's not forget the times TaGeez and I were car-less. Such an challenging adventure!

But all good things come to an end, my friends. I said when it stops being fun, I would end it. And, heading into the new year, it's felt like such a chore. We've cleaned out our area, for months grabbing lamp skirts & street signs. I think the last 50 days were the greatest challenge with Michigan's Stay-at-Home order and the global pandemic.

But as I sit here, I'm resisting the urge to slip on my Wellies and go grab a P&G. How do people do this? You just go home after work?!? TaGeez is willing to continue this madness with me, but it's time. We are turning our focus to more hiding, walking geotrails, and planning more adventures. I can't wait to see where this takes us!

As of today, I have the sixth all-time longest streak in Michigan and the third longest active streak in Michigan. I will enjoy it for the next seven days when Team Hugs surpasses me in both.

Thank you, my Sweet TaGeez, for your willingness to share this insane journey ❤️ And Thank you for all the hiders that made this possible!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations - quite an accomplishment and milestone!

    Team DEMP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I think our longest streak is 37 days. I still don't know how we made it that far. 3000 days is amazing.

    Our finds have been light as we have followed the Ohio Stay Home orders with only park visits, essential shopping and occasional office visits on our travels.

    ReplyDelete

Sign my (b)log!