Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Are Challenge Caches Dead?

I was perusing the book of faces and came across a post on a UK geocaching site. It stated that, since the Challenge moratorium was lifted, only 26 new challenge caches were published in Great Britain.

Out of curiosity, I ran the same search for Michigan, one of the most dense caches per mile areas on the planet (or so I personally believe). Since the moratorium was lifted, there have only been 9 challenge caches published in Michigan!



I posted a poll on the Southeastern Michigan Geocaching FB Group. What do you attribute this to?

  • The new guidelines are a deterrent
  • The new checker requirement is a deterrent
  • All the good challenges already exist
  • I'm a finder not a hider
  • I don't like challenge caches
Did I miss anything? What do YOU attribute this to? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sign my (b)log!