Friday, August 5, 2016

Pokemon NO GO!

I received an email from my local reviewer disabling my new puzzle cache submitted for review.
Geocaching HQ has ruled that Pokemon Go is a competing location based game and any mention of it on a cache page is not allowed.
Technically, the cache page never mentions Pokemon Go, but it does have this cute puzzle based on the Pokedex:


Now, I respect the "competition part", but, on the flip side, I'm led to understand that new geocaching memberships are up thanks to Pokemon Go. And I'm hearing tale that many geocachers are having an easier time coaxing their kids to caches with the lure of finding new Pokemon "in the wild".


Real bummer. In addition to the cute puzzle, I had a Pokemon water bottle filled with Pokemon toys as the cache container. 

I guess this is one you can't catch in the wild.

1 comment:

  1. That is pretty unenlightened, narrow thinking! The waterbottle is darned cute, too.

    ReplyDelete

Sign my (b)log!