Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Cache Maintenance Musings


It's 9pm and 63° in Michigan! I'm not complaining. It's perfect weather for TaGeez and I to take a stroll. Goal for tonight is cache maintenance between 11 and 12 Mile. We also need to plan for HNY18.

Interesting, though. We've trekked up and down Campbell, maintaining a stretch at a time. Several times we've found throw-down containers right next to our originals. Several times the containers are entirely new to us.

I know some cache owners are too uptight - they check the paper logs against the online logs and will delete "couch Cachers". Life is too short for that for me. I figure everybody plays the game their own way.

I guess my only pet peeves are new caches logging "it must be missing." That experienced, eh? I have over 8,000 finds and rarely blame the cache. It normally takes another trip or two before I acknowledge it.

Groundspeak made some changes to their dashboard which is supposed to help hiders. I miss the old old dashboard that listed caches the Needs Maintenance. Don't make me hunt through the attributes. What are you hiding?

Oh, well. It was still a good night for a walk. I hope we have a few more before we settle in for the Winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sign my (b)log!