Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Shout out to Cachly!




In all honestly, I have not been the biggest Cachly fan in the past. Geocaching Classic and Geosphere were instrumental in my 2000+ day cache-a-day streak.  My two biggest criticisms of Cachly is the response time (C'mon! Open! Open! Open!) and the pale interface (the poor font does not stand out from the background - yes, I just had my eyes checked and my eyesight is deemed perfect).

Periodically, I will give Cachly another chance (especially with rumor that GeoSphere will die with the next iOS update) so when I had - not one but two - AHA moments, I have to share in all fairness.


FTF Flag

The Frito Bandito said he was on a road trip and opened the app in his hotel. The nearest cache had an FTF Flag, and he was able to nab a first-to-find in a new state. When TaGeez and I went on an FTF fun last month, I opened the app for a looksie. There it was! That's not found in the other iPhone apps!



Log a Trackable

Ok, the ability to log a trackable in a cache is nothing new. But in the Cachly app, you can log a trackable into a cache without having to log a Note on the geocache first! Why is this remarkable? Before I send a trackable out into the world, I will dip it into my nearby Fantastic Ferndale cache to start the mileage. Now I can dip it into there without adding yet another "TB Drop" note to the cache page!


This ability is found under the Options menu (three dots in the upper right corner) and selecting Log a Trackable. I know ShelleyJean is going to appreciate this!

Two cheers for Cachly! Now, can we discuss your font selection and coloring?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Sign my (b)log!