Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Tool Tip: Adding Calendar Events from Cachly

As a technology trainer, I’m prone to be curious anytime a new app or feature rolls out. Admittedly, in the past, I wasn’t a super fan of Cachly, having been forced-migrated (kicking and screaming) from Geosphere. However, with some recent feature changes and my latest discovery (below), my hat is fully in the Cachly ring!


Southeastern Michigan is a caching community, and we have events weekly in the suburbs of Detroit. At the beginning of each month, I run a query of events and manually add them to my iPhone’s calendar. This month, however, I noticed something on my Cachly screen when I opened Frito’s New Year’s Eve event.

What's this?

Ok, I obviously missed something at some time. So, curious as a (scrap)cat, I clicked the button.

WOAH! Did that just happen?!? It created an event appointment! It has everything I normally manually type: event name, GC# and event URL! Plus, it even adds coordinates! The only thing it doesn’t update is the time – it defaults to “All Day”. That makes sense since date is a cache attribute when you create the page, but time is not – it’s added to the write-up.

WOW!

First, update the Start and End times. Optional: invite other attendees, set alarms, allow for drive time. And then click Add. Voila!

Update the times and click Add!


Accessing my calendar, I can now see my events.



And, clicking into it, there are my details plus a map!



Sometimes the little things are actually big things. 

Now to add the HNY19, Taco Tuesday, Livonia Traveling Group, Warren Chill Spot, Southeastern Oakland, and I-275 events to Outlook. Time saved leaving me more time to cache.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sign my (b)log!