Friday, June 27, 2014

Hidden In Plain Sight!

Oh, very excited about a discovery I just made.

I’ve always wished there was a way you could privately add a spoiler photo to a log.  I don’t want to spoil it for anyone else, but, when a cache is super special, I’d like to add a picture of it so I can look back at it and remember it.  It would also be helpful when someone reaches out to me for a hint – if a picture was attached, I could easily remember the hide.

Here’s an example.  The cache is called Sign Post – you can clearly see the centrifuge tube drilled into the poll (and there are a lot of poles on this corner but this is the only wooden one).  I don’t want anyone else to see it and ruin the fun.  However, after 4,000+ finds, when I see the picture saved to the Cloud, I forgot which cache it belonged to.


So, what is my discovery?  I have a trackable that VISITS every cache I do.  I started attaching my “spoiler” pictures on its trackable log.  The pictures do not appear on the original cache page, but I can see them when I scroll through my TB logs.  Cool!  Hidden in plain sight!


I don’t advocate this for every cache – way to labor intensive, but I love being able to do this for the special ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sign my (b)log!