Thursday, July 17, 2014

Have You Grabbed Your Vitamin Z Lately?

Every year the Detroit Zoological Gardens sponsors a series of caches hidden by snowbird2.  You would think they’re simple because they are “family friendly” but she has to hide them well so as not to be muggled by the million + visitors on an annual basis.

Last year I had FTF on 5 of the 6  caches (I live about a half mile from the zoo and have an annual membership).  At the end of the season I received an email from snowbird2 congratulating me on finding all 6 caches and winning 4 passes for the next year!


On Monday, TaGeez and I decided it was time for our annual caching expedition at the zoo.  We missed all the releases as they came out around our Traverse City trip.  It was particularly humid, but, being a Monday, not too crowded.  As we walked past the exhibits, you could see the annuals raising their resting heads to us and imagine them thinking, “Fools!  Only humans would be walking about in this!”


I don’t want to give away any of the hides so I thought I’d share some pictures from our visit.  Hopefully it will inspire you to come for a visit!

Melty Camels










I don't think people stop and appreciate the flowers at the zoo enough.




And, yes.  We found all 6 again!  We are quite the team!


1 comment:

  1. Hello, Elisa! While perusing your blog, I found this wonderful post and thought I would leave a comment. My husband is originally from Ferndale, and last July we decided, along with our three children, to take your advice and grab some "Vitamin Z" at the Detroit Zoo after driving by his childhood home. Very glad we did! The zoo is beautiful, and it was a wonderful way to spend quality family time. After our jaunt, we met his brother and sister-in-law, who reside in Royal Oak, for dinner, and a wonderful time was had by all! I look forward to reading your further adventures. Happy travels!

    ReplyDelete

Sign my (b)log!