First stop: National Harbor!
We were here the other night for the "Awakening" Virtual, but it was mad! It reminded me of the Vegas strip, throngs of overdressed, undersober tourists blocking the roads in front of overpriced restaurants and shops. Today? We parked at the top of the stairs leading down to the beach.
|scrapcat, 2bjPN, TaGeez and Rsoxfan8|
SOME NUMBER FUN
1,615 miles and $90 in tolls from Detroit and back
4 new state souvenirs: Maryland, Washington DC, Delaware, and New Jersey
65 caches total and 19 benchmarks
- 34 Virtuals, 27 Traditionals, 2 Puzzles/Challenges, and 2 Webcams.
- The oldest cache was hidden in December 2000!
- Combined, as of this posting, these geocaches have the sum total of 13,908 Favorite Points!
- Find counts: DC (26), Maryland (12), Virginia (8), West Virginia (6), Delaware (6), New Jersey (6), and Pennsylvania (1).
- Wednesday - Detroit to Maryland to Martinsburg, WV for the WVTim caches
- Thursday - WVTim caches, Arlington National Cemetery, Congressional Cemetery, Old Town Alexandria for a Civil War tunnel & dinner, and ice cream along the riverwalk
- Friday - Metro to the Smithsonian Museums, walking tour around Capital Hill, and dinner at Martin's Tavern in Georgetown
- Saturday - Metro to the White House, tour around the Memorials on the Mall, and our first trip to the National Harbor
- Sunday - Scott Circle webcam, the National Zoo, the National Cathedral, Delaware, New Jersey, Baltimore (Poe's Grave and dinner at G&M Crab Cakes)
- Monday - Mount Vernon drive-by, National Harbor, Titanic Memorial, Burke Lake Park, Antietam National Battlefield & Cemetery, and then home to Detroit