Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Geotalk Winner!

Just listened to Episode 104 of the GeoTalk podcast ("caching down under") and heard my name! And it was pronounced correctly TWICE!

I forgot during one of Darren's (Spindoc Bob) recent podcasts that he requested listeners to email their 2014 geocaching goals (mine was to complete a dozen Earth caches plus more quality caches in 2014). My name was drawn, and I won a 2013 New South Wales Geocoin! Awesome!


I love this show.  I love the roving reports from Australia and New Zealand.  I love hearing about the types of caches they find, the challenges they complete, the dangers they deal with. Caching "down under" is on my bucket list, but I don't know if I'll ever afford it.  I can dream while listening to this podcast, though.

I have to admit that I've been lucky, of late.  I won several geocoins through GeoGearheads last Fall, Detroit Zoo tickets through their caching series, a Huron Metropark pass in their MGA13 drawing, Travel Fleas via the Podcache Show, a flashlight during a live taping of GeoGearheads about a week ago, and another flashlight during the taping of the Chicago Geocaching Podcast's 100th episode.  

I thank my lucky caching stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sign my (b)log!