Friday, July 15, 2016

Portable Magic: A Wherigo

You want weapons? We're in a library.
Books are the best weapon in the world.
This room's the greatest arsenal we could have. Arm yourself!

~ Doctor Who

It's out!  I posted a few days ago that TaGeez and I had visited multiple Little Free Libraries in the area to distribute books. We were inspired to create a Wherigo tour of Ferndale, called Portable Magic, that includes a little bit of history, book quotes, and bad library puns - what a hoot!



"Picking five favorite books is like picking the five favorite body parts 
you'd most like not to lose."
~Neil Gaiman



Wherigo Pro Tip from a Reviewer

So, in creating this Wherigo, I did have a bit of a panic. I uploaded the cartridge to Wherigo.com and made it public. Then I submitted it for review. A few days later, still unpublished, I discovered that someone had downloaded the cartridge! Oh, no! I was afraid someone had snuck in and grab the FTF before anyone had a fair chance to grab it. In a slight panic, I emailed my reviewer. DeRock, and he shared this great tip:

There are different setting for a cartridge. One is public so everyone can see it. The other is private so only those with the direct link can see it. The public setting means that your cartridge can be searched for by your caching name or by new cartridges or by area. Most folks keep their cartridge private until after the cache is published.

Michigan Reviewers are the best!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sign my (b)log!