Thursday, October 3, 2013

First To Find (a Book Review)

Heard rumors of this floating around the blogosphere so I decided to give it a go. It was especially tempting as the eBook was free from Amazon.  I love Geocaching, murder mysteries and puzzles so I settled in for the read.

I'm not too sure what happened to those first few pages. The writing was rather weak, but I persevered. And I'm glad I did. The book improved quickly and was really enjoyable. Carried it with me and enjoyed it during those rare, personal moments when I wasn't caching. Margarita was interesting, and Bindi & The Chief were adorable. Looking forward to the next in the series.

On a note about the Geocaching: the author knows her stuff and the inclusion of caching details was seamless and accurate. There was nothing forced about it. So, for a Cacher, her references will be very familiar to you (everyone has found an easier trail on the way out). And, for the non-cachers... Well... I haven't stumbled across a body at a cache... yet.

You can find the eBook here (now at regular price).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sign my (b)log!