Tuesday, October 22, 2013

iPhone Keyboard Trick: The Degree Symbol


I learned a really cool keyboard tip on the GeoGearheads podcast show #94.  To enter a degree symbol on an iOS device (like an iPhone), hold down the number 0 button on the keyboard.  A pop-up window with the degree symbol will appear.  Handy when entering coordinates or discussing weather.  (Sorry for the sloppy mock-up image, I was in a hurry and didn't see anything online I liked).



You can find the GeoGearheads podcasts on iTunes or http://www.cacheamaniacs.com/ - they also have an official website at http://www.geogearheads.com/ .  You will learn a lot about iOS and Android devices (plus a little bit about everything else) on this show.

Oh, and another note of excitement: Today is my 600th straight day of caching!  Woot!

3 comments:

  1. One thing that stands out about this mouse and keyboard would just have the be the low cost. The mouse and keyboard both have features that should cost about $20 more than what the actual cost is. affordable mechanical keyboard

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve been surfing online more than three hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It’s pretty worth enough for me. In my opinion, if all webmasters and bloggers made good content as you did, the web will be a lot more useful than ever before.
    sell broken HTC cell phones

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I am actually getting ready to across this information, It's very helpful for this blog.Also great with all of the valuable information you have Keep up the good work you are doing well.
    IOS Training in Chennai

    ReplyDelete

Sign my (b)log!