Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Podcacher 502: I'm a Winner!

I received a message on Monday from a geocaching friend in Australia (FireSafe), asking me if I had listened to this week’s Podcacher.  Nope.  It’s not Tuesday.  A creature of habit my podcast rotation is Wait! Wait! Don’t Tell Me for Monday’s commute and Podcacher for Tuesday. (I won’t bore you with the rest of the rotation, but now I have to insert The Moth somewhere.  Have you heard of it? I’m thinking Wednesdays).

So, curious at Firesafe’s enigmatic message, I loaded Podcacher episode 502 and started to skip through the episode.  Have you used the handy 15-second fast forward button on your player?  It’s a great way to bypass overly long segments on any podcast (sorry, like the News from the Northwest.  It feels like one long infomercial).  I must admit on some podcasts I listen to it at 1.5x speed for the same reason.

Big moment at minute 50:30

Ok, where am I going with this (in case this post’s title didn’t clue you in). 

I’M A WINNER!

I need a profile picture.  I look like a
deranged bowling ball!

Several week’s ago I entered the 2014 Compass Rose Geocoin contest and was one of 5 lucky winners!  I was too late to claim the limited edition Cosmos coin, but I did win my second choice: The Immortality Coin.  I’m so grateful for Firesafe reaching out to me when he did!  Isn’t it beautiful? 



It’ll pair beautifully with the Compass Rose Protection Geocoin I won earlier this year on the GeoGearheads show!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sign my (b)log!