As we took I-75 down, we elected to return via I-77. It was hundreds of miles of roads and mountains.
Ok, we couldn't pass it up. In upper North Carolina is the grave site of the original Siamese twins, Chang and Eng.
|The Bunker Brothers GCF338|
And just a few miles up the road is another site of historical significance.... do you recognize it?
|Mayberry Reflection GCJF9C|
|Old Tower GCG1RB|
|Slightly Scenic LPC GC4J28R|
And don't forget the scents! Most amazing floral breezes!
|Seek and You Shall Find GC36192|
|In the Basement of the Library GC36G4CZ|
|March to the (Missing) Arch GCGMQV|
- 2,000 miles across 10 states in 4 days
- 8 new state souvenirs: KY, TN, AL, GA, SC, NC, VA, and WV
- 61 caches including 2 JASMER fillers
- 4 webcams, 20 Virtuals, 2 lending libraries and 1 Earth Cache.
- Major, memorable stops include Newport (KY), Lookout Mountain (TN), Stone Mountain (GA), Oakland Cemetery (Atlanta), and Mount Airy (NC).
- Roadside curiosities included: Many unique bridges, a GIANT bell, multiple riverboats, a striped horse, the Great Locomotive Chase, 1970's gas pumps, a dead armadillo, the deep red clay of the Appalachians, a confederate Bas-relief, the White House, a large silver bird, a baseball diamond that isn't, an Olympic 'torch', and the memorable cemeteries (Revolutionary War, forgotten Confederate, the National Cemetery and Oakland Cemetery).